Can't download a Wherigo to Colorado 300

Mole60

Hi,

I'm new to Wherigo, and one just popped up in town, so I tried to download the file without success. I could download it to my computer (Mac) easily enough, but uploading it to the Colorado 300 would not work. I tried to drag and drop it into the Wherigo folder with no luck. What did I not do?

Thanks,

mole60

I'm not as familiar with recent Macs. Do they still do the thing where dragging something onto a drive just makes a shortcut and does not actually copy the file?

Aside from that, did you copy it to the "Wherigo" folder in the drive marked "Garmin"?

I plugged the Garmin into the computer, and when I tried to drag the gwc file into the Wherigo folder in the Garmin it would not even stay. Double-clicking on the gwc file that is in the Downloads folder gives me no options other than to open with an application (which I don't want to do). I could not do a copy and paste either.

I'm not as familiar with recent Macs. Do they still do the thing where dragging something onto a drive just makes a shortcut and does not actually copy the file?

Aside from that, did you copy it to the "Wherigo" folder in the drive marked "Garmin"?

I plugged the Garmin into the computer, and when I tried to drag the gwc file into the Wherigo folder in the Garmin it would not even stay. Double-clicking on the gwc file that is in the Downloads folder gives me no options other than to open with an application (which I don't want to do). I could not do a copy and paste either.

A few years since I was on a Mac...

But, two stages: copy the file to the Mac, then copy it to the GPS.