Vantage Point From Magellan?

stedmanrecon

I do, and used to like it although it is a bit buggy. I haven't used it for a year or so till just this week, so of course it needed an update. I haven't gotten it to work right since the update. It won't show the base map, or any of my maps. Now I'm using an older computer so I haven't figured out if it's video card issue or if the program is a piece of crap yet. Magellan isn't big on customer/product service/support.

Edited by bluewaterchief

I have a Triton 400 GPSr so I need to use the Vantage Point program. I have loaded several maps into it without issue. It's version 1.52, it's an older version but it works great for me. I was active on the old Triton Forum site and would watch for bugs and such on the new releases.

I use the AccuTerra map the most often...it was not free.

Edited by Pontoffel Pock

I have Vantage Point for my 610 and it's so-so. Good for uploading and downloading but the base maps are not that great. The disadvantage for me is NONE of the maps for Magellan that have a decent resolution are available for Alaska. The summit series is OK but would rather have the National Geographic maps which is not available for my location. I have All-topo as a side bar for printing out my topo maps and find the accuracy far and above the summit maps.

Does anyone use the Vantage Point software from Magellan? If so, what do you think about it?

I use it with my Magellan Explorist GC. It took awhile to figure out how to get pocket queries on the GPS but once I got the hang of it it seemed to work fine. I wish my Garmin 550T has some thing that worked as well.