Pocket Query to GPS

acachebox

I have created and unzipped 1 PQ on my computer. How do I get it to my GPS using only my computer without any special GPS program?

Also. Caches that are already on my GPS. When I search by GC number on my GPS to a known cache it comes back NO RESULTS even though I know the cache is on the GPS

Without knowing what kind of GPS unit you have, my answer will have to be a bit vague. To get the two unzipped GPX files onto your GPS unit, plug the GPS into your computer and open it up like you would a usb drive, so you can see the files inside. You can then drag and drop the GPX files from your PQ into the corresponding folder(s) on your GPS unit.

Not sure about the GC number thing - though if you let us know what kind of GPS you have someone might be able to figure it out.

Without knowing what kind of GPS unit you have, my answer will have to be a bit vague. To get the two unzipped GPX files onto your GPS unit, plug the GPS into your computer and open it up like you would a usb drive, so you can see the files inside. You can then drag and drop the GPX files from your PQ into the corresponding folder(s) on your GPS unit.

Not sure about the GC number thing - though if you let us know what kind of GPS you have someone might be able to figure it out.

A Garmin 450. I have figured out one way to get the PQ onto the GPS. I put them into a GPS folder on the computer and then hook up the GPS. Would be interested in the drag and drop method but I don't know how to open the GPS to that level.

The issue of not finding a cache while searching for it on the GPS is still a question. Can't find by searching using the GC# or the name

A Garmin 450. I have figured out one way to get the PQ onto the GPS. I put them into a GPS folder on the computer and then hook up the GPS. Would be interested in the drag and drop method but I don't know how to open the GPS to that level.

Plug your Garmin into your computer and open "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer".

Look for a drive labeled "Garmin Oregon 450 (X)" and dbl click on it.

Look for the "Garmin" folder and dbl click on it.

Look for the "GPX" folder and dbl click on it.

Drag and drop the 2 files from the PQ into this folder.

You're done !!

The issue of not finding a cache while searching for it on the GPS is still a question. Can't find by searching using the GC# or the name

If a cache is marked as one you have found, either by you or from a PQ, it will not show up with the "Find a Geocache" option. Try using "Show Found" instead.

Plug your Garmin into your computer and open "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer".

Look for a drive labeled "Garmin Oregon 450 (X)" and dbl click on it.

Look for the "Garmin" folder and dbl click on it.

Look for the "GPX" folder and dbl click on it.

Drag and drop the 2 files from the PQ into this folder.

You're done !!

If a cache is marked as one you have found, either by you or from a PQ, it will not show up with the "Find a Geocache" option. Try using "Show Found" instead.

THANKS I save that one

I just bought a new Garmin GPSmap62s, and I'm having similar issues. I ran a PQ, and copied it to my GPS in the GPX folder. However the geocaches still do not show up on the GPS when I turn it on. I have looked all over in in the GPS, and I can't find them. Any ideas?

Acachebox, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just figured since I'm having the same trouble, I'd go ahead and ask here. As opposed to starting a new thread for the same thing.

Thank you.

I just bought a new Garmin GPSmap62s, and I'm having similar issues. I ran a PQ, and copied it to my GPS in the GPX folder. However the geocaches still do not show up on the GPS when I turn it on. I have looked all over in in the GPS, and I can't find them. Any ideas?

Acachebox, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just figured since I'm having the same trouble, I'd go ahead and ask here. As opposed to starting a new thread for the same thing.

Thank you.

Haw far away are the caches?

Try searching by Name rather than Nearest.

(Garmins wont show Nearest if it's more than 50 miles away)