Windows 8 + IE 10 bug introduced with May 14th patch

Redfist

Ever since the May 14th geocaching.com fix, I'm having trouble with the site. I have to keep going into options->F12 dev options to switch away from IE10 compat mode to IE 10 mode.

Specifically, what I see is the cache page not displaying the log. I can click on 'view logbook' and get a new windows that has it but that's inconvenient. To make the page function appropriately again, I have to do the above F12.

Edited by Redfist

I don't think it's something inherent to Windows 8 + IE 10. I just fired up my virtual machine with a fresh copy of Windows 8 and IE 10, and Geocaching.com was functioning just fine. No compatibility mode. You might want to check your settings to see if something you've installed or changed might be causing it to go into compatibility mode.

I don't think it's something inherent to Windows 8 + IE 10. I just fired up my virtual machine with a fresh copy of Windows 8 and IE 10, and Geocaching.com was functioning just fine. No compatibility mode. You might want to check your settings to see if something you've installed or changed might be causing it to go into compatibility mode.

This is the only website I visit that is misbehaving and is also the only website that received an update on May 14th. Seems too coincidental to me. I haven't changed any settings or installed any software in the past week.

This is the only website I visit that is misbehaving and is also the only website that received an update on May 14th. Seems too coincidental to me. I haven't changed any settings or installed any software in the past week.

I've been having issues as well since around that time. I am using IE9 both 32 and 64 bit. At the top of the geocaching.com page the message "Groundspeak is phasing out support for older browsers. Visit the Help Center for more information." is displayed. When I surf over to a cache page the maps don't load, the logs don't load (have to hit link to see logs), and the decrypt button when hit just sends me back to the top of the page. Tried clearing the cookies but it didn't help at all. Was hoping this could be fixed since IE9 has been the most stable browser for me over chrome and mozilla.

I've been having issues as well since around that time. I am using IE9 both 32 and 64 bit. At the top of the geocaching.com page the message "Groundspeak is phasing out support for older browsers. Visit the Help Center for more information." is displayed. When I surf over to a cache page the maps don't load, the logs don't load (have to hit link to see logs), and the decrypt button when hit just sends me back to the top of the page. Tried clearing the cookies but it didn't help at all. Was hoping this could be fixed since IE9 has been the most stable browser for me over chrome and mozilla.

Funny enough I tried that F12 thing as well and switched over to IE8 and everything works great again!! Why the heck isn't IE9 working?

Funny enough I tried that F12 thing as well and switched over to IE8 and everything works great again!! Why the heck isn't IE9 working?

For some reason my browser is switching to IE9 compatibility view which is screwing things up. Switching back to IE8 or 9 fixes the issues. Anybody know why this would be happening?

Ever since the May 14th geocaching.com fix, I'm having trouble with the site. I have to keep going into options->F12 dev options to switch away from IE10 compat mode to IE 10 mode.

Specifically, what I see is the cache page not displaying the log. I can click on 'view logbook' and get a new windows that has it but that's inconvenient. To make the page function appropriately again, I have to do the above F12.

Are you saying the browser is changing to compatibility mode by itself?

You can click the torn page icon next to Refresh, to switch compatibility mode on or off. Sometimes I think I may be clicking that icon while trying to Refresh (not accusing you of doing so, it's just an example of how it could happen).

Anyway, you need compatibility mode ON, in order to edit Trackable pages. Several places throughout Groundspeak, you need compatibility mode to be On or Off for various functions. I don't know when that started. I'm sure it's an issue with many web sites, just not exactly the same or not as obvious on other sites.

Edited by kunarion