The Fox Hunt

Beatnik - that is an awesome cache! I loved the movie when it came out, and still watch it whenever I get a chance (although Comedy Central cuts out way too many funny parts.) If I'm ever anywhere near Tulsa, I know what I'm going to do. Many people don't know this, but the turtle is nature's suction cup...

As for the Fox Hunt - that idea is great. I only wish I could set up something like that...

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

Could someone explain to me how the Fox Hunt worked? It seems that there was some actual chasing going on-- how did the geocachers track the fox??

"Nothing says 'I love you' like the gift of a spatula."

Ok, let's try to explain this:

The "Fox" was a car with a telematics unit unside it. You sent a SMS (text message) to a certain number, and it SMS's you back with it's location, speed and direction of travel. From there it is up to you to follow/intercept the fox. It stoppped a total of 5 times on it's 4 hour journey in order to let the "hunters" catch up. Once you caught it, you had to get a "magic numvber" that was displayed on the dashboard. We managed to catch it after 1 1/2 hours and it was an afternoon well spent.

Email me if you want any more info.

Lol

Michael aka 1/2 of Team Blitz

If life iz a game, then y aint it fair, im alwayz the lonely 1, u dont even care :S