Older Browsers

For some reason tonight, I'm getting that dadgum yellow banner at the top of the Geocaching Web site that says Geocaching no longer supports older browsers. That can't be as I'm using IE 10 on a Windows 7 platform. Everything is current. When I use Google Chrome, all the functions work fine. Geocaching must record something, maybe a cookie, that when a switch is set for whatever reason there is no way to reset. Tried deleting the usual history, temporary files, and cookies. Tried to reload IE 10 from Control Panel but it's not there. Tried to reload from Microsoft but MS likes the fact I'm on IE 10 so everything is perfect. Extremely frustrated as certain basic Geocaching features are not working such as the log list. I have to click on a link to list them out. The two small maps on a cache page are blank.

Edited by frisbee'r

You're right, decrypt is also not functioning. Works fine in Chrome and Mozilla. Geocaching and IE are not in synch and maybe other browsers. What happened around 10:00pm PDT. I wonder if GC has a master list of geocachers that do not have current browsers do to some strange interaction. For whatever reason, if you get on that database list, there must be a way to manually be removed. That's the only explanation I can come up with right now.

Edited by frisbee'r

You have your browsers in compatibility mode. This throws the warning and disables the javascript that the site uses for the logs, decrypt, etc. I'd tell you how to turn it off, but I don't use IE. Plenty of topics about this in the Bug Reporting forum.

=========================================

Thank you Cerberus1 and Don J for being so timely. Problem fixed by clicking on the torn piece of paper icon next to the refresh button taking me out of compatibility mode. I'll bet my paycheck that I inadvertently clicked on it. I'll take the advice and go through the Bugs category.