Pocket query details missing with mobile app

ghostintheruins

Perhaps I'm missing something, but when I download pocket queries with the mobile app on ios there is no cache information whatsoever downloaded, descriptions, logs, hints etc. All options are blanked out until I refresh cache data. Why is this? Is there a way to change this that I'm missing? It kind of defeats the purpose of downloading pocket queries if you can't read the cache info while offline.

1367433920[/url]' post='5243884']

Are you offline when you encounter this? Have you saved the PQ for offline use?

Yeah I download the pocked queries for offline use. So they're then in the saved menu. The only thing that seems to download is the cache name and coordinates. I can select to download map tiles along with the caches and that works without a problem, but there's no cache information downloaded at all until I refresh cache data online.

We have tried to reproduce this behavior but are unable to. It is possible that if you tried when the site was experiencing issues over the weekend that the system was unable to connect properly and was only able to obtain "lite" data for the caches as opposed to the full details.

Please try saving your PQ for offline use again and see if the issue persists for you.

1367446200[/url]' post='5243971']

We have tried to reproduce this behavior but are unable to. It is possible that if you tried when the site was experiencing issues over the weekend that the system was unable to connect properly and was only able to obtain "lite" data for the caches as opposed to the full details.

Please try saving your PQ for offline use again and see if the issue persists for you.

Hmm that is odd. It's not something that's only started happening recently, it's always been the case as far as I can remember, but it's just something that really started to annoy me lately. More details about my device if that would help, it's an iPhone 3GS, on ios 5.1.1 using the latest version of the app. Just this evening I deleted and reinstalled the app thinking that that might fix it, but no joy. I kind of hoped I could get something sorted as I'll be going abroad tomorrow and won't be able to use roaming on my phone.

This is what the caches look like when I open one. All the lightly shaded boxes can't be pressed until I refresh data online.

https://www.dropbox....%2000.01.07.png

2013-05-02%2000.01.07.png

Edited by ghostintheruins

I have been having the same problem for several months.

It was a major problem for me back in March when I took a trip through Big Sur in California. Went for three days with no cell phone coverage so I had no access to refresh the cache data. All I had in my PQs was title, coordinates, size, and D/T rating. No description, no hint, and no logs.

In the past this did not happen. Two years ago I spent two weeks in Norway. Kept my iPhone in airplane mode to avoid international roaming charges the entire time. I had generated and saved PQs before I left home. I was able to use them for geocaching with no trouble; had descriptions, hints, and logs (at least all the logs up to the date I'd generated the PQ).

I'm using a 3 1/2 year old iPhone 3GS running version 4.3.5 of the i.o.s. My version of the Geocaching App is v5.0.1