We Were Cookin!!

momet

Well, my first "I trust my son" find a cache experience was at the least detrimental to the health of my family...LOL I can laugh now...buuut after walking uphill for better than a half hour in 100 degree weather icon_eek.gif tomboy say's "186'" left to go, we're almost there." Well over 300 feet later it turned into 450', then 300', so on and so on. At this point while my husband is reading the clue's from the printout of geovamp's cache at the Dallas Nature Center, I'm regretting not being MORE INVOLVED in geocaching and making DARN SURE tomboy had read ALL of the clue's. For example: Bring water, were good shoes, (I was wearing sandals), read map, READ CLUES, you know all the basic things, BE REPARED. Two hours later we made it back to the car dying for thirst and sunburned. Many more details inserted here...hahahaha I'm quite sure at this point I'll be a hands on, informed, educated geocacher!! (And tomboy will survive) icon_razz.gif

momet

[This message was edited by momet on July 16, 2002 at 12:17 PM.]