How do i move a cache?

GeoNinja83

I put a cache out and it was published. Well I need to move this cache to a new spot. I have asked a volunteer twice now, how do I go about moving the cache. I was ignored twice and I emailed Groundspeak which, with no response either. If any geocaching vets could please let me know how to go about this exactly i would appreciate it or anyone. I had to get it published once so if i move it agian i would think i would need to again but i am not sure. So if anyone could help me out please.

I put a cache out and it was published. Well I need to move this cache to a new spot. I have asked a volunteer twice now, how do I go about moving the cache. I was ignored twice and I emailed Groundspeak which, with no response either. If any geocaching vets could please let me know how to go about this exactly i would appreciate it or anyone. I had to get it published once so if i move it agian i would think i would need to again but i am not sure. So if anyone could help me out please.

It depends on how far you are moving it. If it is under 528' you can post an updated coordinates log. At the bottom of the log form is a checkbox. Check it and the boxes to type in your new coordinates will come up so you can type them in.

If it is more than 528', you will need the reviewer to change them for you. Did you email the reviewer that published the cache? How long ago? I'm sure that you are not being ignored.

Wasn't trying to accuse anyone, didn't see this link in the reviewer log back to me and i apologize. Was just trying to get this cache back out cause people enjoyed finding the series around here. It's gonna be more than 528 ft away from where it was published. Thanks for the link again and will do what it tells me. Again i apologize for missing the link in the reviewer note.

If the new spot is more than 528 feet away, and in an urban environment, you aren't showing people the same sight you brought them to see at the first spot. Bearing in mind the "Cache Permanence" guideline, consider archiving the existing listing and submitting a new cache report for the new location.