... fix an erroneous TB drop off log?

santagrandpa

I just logged a Found It for a cache, and I logged that we dropped off one TB in our inventory. However, I clicked on the wrong TB. So I tried to edit the drop off and it said that since it indicated an action, it could not be edited. So then I tried to log a retrieve to get the TB back into my inventory, but I can't do that because I do not have the tracking code - I dropped it off yesterday, but not in the cache that I just logged, it's in a different cache. How do I get this corrected? Thanks!

I just logged a Found It for a cache, and I logged that we dropped off one TB in our inventory. However, I clicked on the wrong TB. So I tried to edit the drop off and it said that since it indicated an action, it could not be edited. So then I tried to log a retrieve to get the TB back into my inventory, but I can't do that because I do not have the tracking code - I dropped it off yesterday, but not in the cache that I just logged, it's in a different cache. How do I get this corrected? Thanks!

Lesson here... always hold onto a tracking number until you are positive that all logging is correct.

We maintain a list of each and every trackable that we have ever moved. Started it just for that reason, realizing that you can do little w/o that number. Of course, we started caching before the current system of logging trackables is now set up, but it now makes even more sense to hold onto that number.

I don't particularly care for the "punch a button and forget it" type of logging -- for this reason here, alone. Allows for too many mistakes.

Your options here include:

Returning to the cache and getting the number yourself; best if you are still local to it...

Contacting the Trackable Owner and asking for the number;

Contacting the TO and having them make the necessary maneuver;

Lastly, leave as-is and allow the next cacher to perform a Grab. Hopefully, they will know they should use "Visit", etc. to correct.