Am I stupid?

Cardinal Red

I waited till the last day to renew my membership. Not smart, and not the first time I have done it. I then noticed my membership was listed as recurring. I have no idea how that happened. My card was listed as expired (3 days ago), but it's not. I have a new one. I could not get the site to accept/acknowledge updated info. I figured the site would not be able to auto-renew on an "expired" card. So I cancelled recurring. Then I tried to just renew in real time on my own. Just like I have been doing for nearly 10 years. No dice. I sent a not so happy note to Groundspeak. It will be interesting to see what they come back with. And how soon.

What did I think of as I was still composing my note to Groundspeak? I bought myself a GIFT Membership (it extended my current membership). And it sailed right through no problem. Is that the way it's supposed to work now? Seems unbelievable, but if your back is up against the expiration deadline, it worked for me.

I waited till the last day to renew my membership. Not smart, and not the first time I have done it. I then noticed my membership was listed as recurring. I have no idea how that happened. My card was listed as expired (3 days ago), but it's not. I have a new one. I could not get the site to accept/acknowledge updated info. I figured the site would not be able to auto-renew on an "expired" card. So I cancelled recurring. Then I tried to just renew in real time on my own. Just like I have been doing for nearly 10 years. No dice. I sent a not so happy note to Groundspeak. It will be interesting to see what they come back with. And how soon.

What did I think of as I was still composing my note to Groundspeak? I bought myself a GIFT Membership (it extended my current membership). And it sailed right through no problem. Is that the way it's supposed to work now? Seems unbelievable, but if your back is up against the expiration deadline, it worked for me.

Hello Cardinal Red, I will be sending you an email regarding this situation to the primary email address on your account. Please reply through that message.

Thank You!

Edited by Sara B