Unlocking map

ABL/CFL

I have an Oregon 450T and new PC. I installed City Navigator North America NT 2011 on to new PC (had previously been installed on laptop). I could not get the map to work so I thought perhaps it was licensed for simply one user (laptop). Purchased and downloaded nuMaps Lifetime North America from www.garmin.com. I cannot select areas on the map. Bottom of map says "Map Detail Locked". Followed instructions to unlock maps but still no luck. Signed in to www.mygarmin.com which indicates that both City Navigator North America NT 2011 and City Navigator North America NT 2013.40 are unlocked.

What am I doing wrong? Tackling this is like a foreign language to me so please be specific with instructions. Thanks so much.

I have an Oregon 450T and new PC. I installed City Navigator North America NT 2011 on to new PC (had previously been installed on laptop). I could not get the map to work so I thought perhaps it was licensed for simply one user (laptop). Purchased and downloaded nuMaps Lifetime North America from www.garmin.com. I cannot select areas on the map. Bottom of map says "Map Detail Locked". Followed instructions to unlock maps but still no luck. Signed in to www.mygarmin.com which indicates that both City Navigator North America NT 2011 and City Navigator North America NT 2013.40 are unlocked.

What am I doing wrong? Tackling this is like a foreign language to me so please be specific with instructions. Thanks so much.

I would probably contact Garmin support and let them walk me through it. :unsure:

You are correct that the City Navigator maps are locked to a single unit. Also, you can't apply a map update subscription without first having the map licensed on the unit. You would need to buy City Navigator on DVD (010-11546-50) to get an original license for your 450T. Once you have that, you could apply a lifetime map update subscription if you wanted to.

You are correct that the City Navigator maps are locked to a single unit. Also, you can't apply a map update subscription without first having the map licensed on the unit. You would need to buy City Navigator on DVD (010-11546-50) to get an original license for your 450T. Once you have that, you could apply a lifetime map update subscription if you wanted to.

Unless I'm mistaken, the OP is still using the same unit, he purchased a new PC. I have City Navigator maps (with the nuMaps Lifetime license) loaded on two different PCs, a desktop and a laptop, and both can download maps to the unit the maps are unlocked for.

--Larry

Sorry to be so long to get back to you all but we have internet issues here and I was unable to get online much. Thanks, everyone, for your comments/help. I was finally able to contact Garmin support yesterday and after an hour on the phone plus three hours re-downloading the map update (horrible internet again), I have success. Maps unlocked and Hawaii map installed to GPSr. Off on vacation in just a few days. Thanks again!