GPS on Samsung Galaxy S3

paintwithbarb

Mobile apps don't have any effect on GPS accuracy. The phone has a built-in GPS, and the phone's operating system is interfacing with that GPS module and spitting out a location. All the mobile app does is use this location. If the app says you're in the wrong spot, you'll need to check the phone's settings for the GPS module. I don't have an Android device, but I recall seeing others refer to a setting that enables or disables the GPS module. If this is disabled, it may be triangulating your position based on cell signal, which can be very inaccurate.

I don't understand but the Geocache app from geocaching.com is way off with my GPS on my Samsung Galaxy S3....I thought it would be better than my last phone but is still way off. Barb

I run the Geobeagle app on my S3 and it's as accurate as my Garmin and easier to use. Now if they could just fix the battery life...

Agree with the A-team, you need to check that the GPS is switched on, my Galaxy has a habit of switching the GPS off, once it had me on the middle of the runway! Still find though that on the odd occasion I do use it, it is not as accurate as my hubbies i-phone.