Hunting with a fellow cacher

Nashfamfun

Some groups follow three musketeers etiquette. Once one person has spotted the cache, everyone declares victory and signs the log.

Some groups follow huckle buckle beanstalk etiquette. Each person announces when they have found it, without giving the location away. Everyone gets a chance to find the cache on their own this way.

Some groups use a hybrid approach, or perhaps some other approach altogether. Use what works for you.

Some groups follow three musketeers etiquette. Once one person has spotted the cache, everyone declares victory and signs the log.

Some groups follow huckle buckle beanstalk etiquette. Each person announces when they have found it, without giving the location away. Everyone gets a chance to find the cache on their own this way.

Some groups use a hybrid approach, or perhaps some other approach altogether. Use what works for you.

We have lots of geo friends and often team up to go caching. It is one of the best things about caching in our opinion.

When we do a series as a group, whoever finds the cache, signs all the names. Sometimes if we are a large group, we create a group name to sign in the log book. We all log the find online using our own caching names and indicate in the log the name we used in log book.

Here is an example from one of our caches

Went out today to do MA & PA's Bouctouche series with Treehugger21, Unruly Canuck, Pikpik and Herrminnz. Signed the log as Team Gums 7 after Treehugger21's dog Rankin (AKA Sir Gums a Lot). Had a great day. TFTC.

Hi,

As a newbie, could I ask if this could be added to the FAQ. I started with my son and was wondering about how to log caches when we went searching together. I looked through the FAQs but nothing was there (unless I missed it then my bad).

Thanks.

As you can see, there are multiple ways to do it. So it would only inform someone what they can do, not what they should do. Geocaching can be played your way, for the most part.

I have tried to encourage family members by showing off cool caches and then getting them into it. I think they can claim those caches - I made them search - saying "found them with Joey".

What I love about this hobby is that you can do it on your own OR with others. I say go the team approach - you were all there and can claim it "found with XXXXX is good if you didn't sign the log at the time.

Getting others excited is part of the fun.