Help Creating P.Qs. for caching along a route.

wingryder

Hi I am trying to teach myself about pocket queries along a route. I want to load every traditional cache within 2 miles of

a backcountry route about 25 miles long. I use a older method involving Mapsource and have no problem creating the route and uploading it to Geocaching.com. I like this method because I can follow any small double track or trail I wish.

When I am creating the pocket query.. I do not quite understand the slider that says search radius or the next one that says show me XX number of caches on either side. I ran it the first time with search radius at 1.5 miles and # of caches set at 60. My resulting P.q. had a total of 60 caches but missed many traditional caches as listed on geocaching.com. (all within the 1.5 mile request) All these caches and more showed up a a general p.q. centered on the area. I would think you could set the radius at 2miles and not put a limit in and it would show you every cache one mile on each side of the route.

I think this feature is pretty slick and would work well for me as I do not do urban caching. I just want to pick out a backcountry area ahead of time... load every cache on each side of the road or trail, then pick and choose as I drive the area.

wingryder

Edited by wingryder