WYSIWYG editor for cache listings

-CJ-

It's nice to have a WYSIWYG editor when publishing a cache listing. However for me this editor appears only once (when I publish a new cache). If I want to edit some existing listing there's no WYSIWYG. I personally have no troubles with HTML. Just wish to know if I'm missing some options/settings. If not, what is the reason for offering WYSIWYG editor for creating a geocache but not for its later editing?

It's nice to have a WYSIWYG editor when publishing a cache listing. However for me this editor appears only once (when I publish a new cache). If I want to edit some existing listing there's no WYSIWYG. I personally have no troubles with HTML. Just wish to know if I'm missing some options/settings. If not, what is the reason for offering WYSIWYG editor for creating a geocache but not for its later editing?

When you are creating your cache, you are using the "new" cache form. The first phase of it was rolled out last year and it is said to be a work in progress, although we haven't seen any actual progress since it was rolled out. The second phase will allow you to also edit your cache in that environment. Currently, when you edit, you are brought to the "old" one page form, which is the one that most of us have been using for years to create our caches and that a lot of us prefer to still use instead of the multi page form.

I use a Firefox plugin to give me WYSISYG editing in the old form.

Edited by Don_J

Thank you. I know that story but wasn't sure if there has been just no progress in work, or there's a hidden option to switch on/off WYSIWYG, or there was Groundspeak decision not to implement WYSIWYG for editing (for some reason). Now I see that the job wasn't completed by now. I'm fine with the plain text interface.

Thank you. I know that story but wasn't sure if there has been just no progress in work, or there's a hidden option to switch on/off WYSIWYG, or there was Groundspeak decision not to implement WYSIWYG for editing (for some reason). Now I see that the job wasn't completed by now. I'm fine with the plain text interface.

I think that your suggestion is still valid. As a software developer I have implemented WYSIWYG editors into numerous sites and once you've downloaded the code and configured it for one page, putting it on another page is generally a matter of cut-n-pasting a few lines of code. I hope that the new cache submission process isn't yet another feature of the web site that gets started but is never finished.

I use a Firefox plugin to give me WYSISYG editing in the old form.

OK, which plugin, I would like to check that out...

And by the way, it would be nice to use the editor to edit the caches, not just create them.

Write Area

Same editor as on the new creation page, but without any of the disabled controls.

I think that your suggestion is still valid. As a software developer I have implemented WYSIWYG editors into numerous sites and once you've downloaded the code and configured it for one page, putting it on another page is generally a matter of cut-n-pasting a few lines of code. I hope that the new cache submission process isn't yet another feature of the web site that gets started but is never finished.

I agree, people should be able to edit their listings in the new format. I just hope that it doesn't come at the expense of the old one page format.