Coin found, not logged by previous

ON2TD

Hello all,

I'm new to GC and try to learn everything about it.

Today i found a coin and try to log it but the last cache it was placed was more than 1000 km from my location, so it was never logged in the container i retreived it from.

Someone could help me out on this one ?

grts

ON2TD

Tommy

Is it even logged in the hands of a cacher? or still in a cache millions of miles away?

At first glance it could be that you grabbed the coin out of the cache before the dropper-offer has had a chance to log the cache find or the coin drop.

If it's in someone's hands give them a chance to catch up... or even email them to tell them you're waiting for them to log it in before you log it out.

If it's still in the other cache just log a "grab from somewhere else". It'll then go into your inventory and you can drop it off next chance you get.

I believe the OP indicates it was last logged into a cache 1,000km away, not in another cacher's hands.

You can also look at the logs for the last cache it was placed in. Sometimes a cacher who does not know about logging trackables will make a note in the cache logs that they dropped a TB/coin or picked one up, sometimes even showing the name of what they found or did. Then they don't follow through with the correct logging process.

If you follow the 'grabbed' procedure but want the trackable to get credit for all the miles traveled, 'grab' it, then 'drop it' into that cache and immediately 'retrieve it' again and it will be in your inventory with the correct mileage logged.

Edited by nevadanick

I believe the OP indicates it was last logged into a cache 1,000km away, not in another cacher's hands.

You can also look at the logs for the last cache it was placed in. Sometimes a cacher who does not know about logging trackables will make a note in the cache logs that they dropped a TB/coin or picked one up, sometimes even showing the name of what they found or did. Then they don't follow through with the correct logging process.

If you follow the 'grabbed' procedure but want the trackable to get credit for all the miles traveled, 'grab' it, then 'drop it' into that cache and immediately 'retrieve it' again and it will be in your inventory with the correct mileage logged.

Grab, and then Visit, will achieve the same result with fewer clicks, and keep the TB in your inventory!