Roads have gone missing

GrateBear

I have a sudden, rather weird problem. GPS is a Dakota 20 with CN North America NT 2011.10 maps and Idaho top map (from GPS File Depot), both enabled. I live in an area with a lot of subdivisions, and today while out caching, I noticed that all the roads (except for the major ones) have disappeared in an area 2 miles wide (north/south) and maybe 4 miles long (to the west). Outside of that area, all the roads are showing. I disabled the topo map, and the roads that were missing came back. Enabled the topo and they disappeared again.

Anyone have an idea what's causing that? I've always had the topo on with no problems.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

I have a sudden, rather weird problem. GPS is a Dakota 20 with CN North America NT 2011.10 maps and Idaho top map (from GPS File Depot), both enabled. I live in an area with a lot of subdivisions, and today while out caching, I noticed that all the roads (except for the major ones) have disappeared in an area 2 miles wide (north/south) and maybe 4 miles long (to the west). Outside of that area, all the roads are showing. I disabled the topo map, and the roads that were missing came back. Enabled the topo and they disappeared again.

Anyone have an idea what's causing that? I've always had the topo on with no problems.

Sounds like a draw order problem, but:

1) It's unlikely that any map would have a draworder that's higher than CN.

2) It's odd that the problem only occurs in an 8 sq. mile area. Normally it would cover the whole map.

Is the Idaho topo a transparent overlay?

Do you have any other maps on the GPSr that cover just the problem area?

Have you asked about this on the GPSFileDepot forum?

Edited by seldom_sn

Sounds like a draw order problem, but:

1) It's unlikely that any map would have a draworder that's higher than CN.

2) It's odd that the problem only occurs in an 8 sq. mile area. Normally it would cover the whole map.

Is the Idaho topo a transparent overlay?

Do you have any other maps on the GPSr that cover just the problem area?

Have you asked about this on the GPSFileDepot forum?

No to all 3 questions. The only other map is the base map that's disabled and has been since CN was installed. I've gone through all the set-up screens to see if I hit something w/o realizing it, but can't find anything.

Weirder and Weirder.

If the Idaho Topo isn't transparent, and you can see it with both maps enabled, it must have a draw order higher than CN. I've done that for a map I posted to GPSFileDepot, but it stops south of Idaho, in central Utah.

Don't know anybody except one other guy at GPSFileDepot who sets the draw order that high, and he only does local maps of his local area back east. If the ID topo was "transparent" and the roads you were interested in were in an 8 sq. mi. area like a park that was defined by a polygon, that could obscure roads on CN depending on how the polygon was TYPed.

Edited by seldom_sn

A shot in the dark, but try a different profile.