ghostly geocaching!

decided i would start this interesting topic. it does have to do with geocaching. basically i want people posting things that have to do with ghostly expiriences that have to do with geocaching!.

for example: i always thought there might be cachers that have passed on that don't realize there dead and are still caching. i even think they might be signing logs making new caches that may be mysterious to us. kind of out there huh? well i just want anything to do with ghostly expiriences while geocaching. so like i want want somones expirience where a signature of a dead cacher has mysteriously appeared on a log or a cache that has also mysteriously appeared saying it was buy that person that has already passed on already passed on. when there is substancial proof that this has happened after that cacher has died. hope we get some interesting things here. :smile:

You mean like when you get to the cache and see the logbook hovering in midair, and as you look at it you can see a name being written in the log...but nobody is there?

:o

Nope, Ive never seen that.

:grin:

well not that far out there. just any thing you have encountered while geocaching that made you tingle or get the goosebumps. not to the degree your taliking about. for example if a cacher passed away say last july and you find a geocache with a date on the log book that is after that with the signature of the passed cacher on the logbook with a date after he passed that would be considered unusual.

Do cemetery caches count? How about night caches in cemeteries? How about something like the Haunted Ventura series, featuring caches hidden near supposedly haunted locations. Events or TBs honoring deceased geocachers?

Sorry, but I don't have any actual "ghostly experiences" to report.

yes that can be counted also. there's a haunted ventura series? i know who ventura is. he's the conspiracy guy and i have watched some of his videos. really scary.

there's a haunted ventura series? i know who ventura is.
Actually, in this case, Ventura is a where, not a who. Ventura is a city on the California coast, near Santa Barbara. Some of the caches in the series were near our hotel when we stopped there on vacation a few years ago.

I haven't experienced anything like that yet but when I go to do maintenance on some of my caches, there are a whole lot of names signed who have never logged on the web that they found the cache, and when I search it up, that profile name doesn't even exist. One of my TB's got taken from a cache by a non existent profile, when I went to the cache I read in the logbook 1/12/12 [name here] took TB, left marbles. That person's profile doesn't exist and they never logged the TB. Who are these people? Have any of you come across something like I just said?

I haven't experienced anything like that yet but when I go to do maintenance on some of my caches, there are a whole lot of names signed who have never logged on the web that they found the cache, and when I search it up, that profile name doesn't even exist. One of my TB's got taken from a cache by a non existent profile, when I went to the cache I read in the logbook 1/12/12 [name here] took TB, left marbles. That person's profile doesn't exist and they never logged the TB. Who are these people? Have any of you come across something like I just said?
Yep. Every time I take new folks on a geocaching trip, we leave signatures on the log that don't correspond to any account at geocaching.com. None of them take TBs though, but that isn't for lack of trying. I make a point of supervising any trades, because they quickly forget about what I told them about trackables when they see an interesting toy with a TB tag on it, or a geocoin with interesting artwork.

i was about to say that was creepy until i read the other post that replied to you. i however don't know what to think of the tb gone missing. thanks for sharing.

Actually, in this case, Ventura is a where, not a who. Ventura is a city on the California coast, near Santa Barbara. Some of the caches in the series were near our hotel when we stopped there on vacation a few years ago.

My paternal grandparents lived in Ventura, CA. And they are both dead now. How spooky is that?

I once went after a cemetary hide. It was in Minnesota near highway 35 and highway 23. A memorial obolisk was in the center due to the Hinkley fire many years ago having burned all the markers out.

As I drove down the road folowing my GPS it said GZ here on the side of the road. I got out, then GZ moved to the other side. I cross the road and then GZ moved again,

to the left. I folow and again it moves, now to the right. I am now at the enterance to the cemetary and looking right at the memorial. Then GZ moves big time about 90 feet away to my right.

I go almost right back to the spot where I crossed the road and make the find outside of the cemetary. I have never seen a gost but have walked where many would be if they exist.

On this day I did not see any gost but this was freaky. Almost like they wanted to say hi. Cache name: Remember the Forgotten Ones GC1BCG3.

Edited by Mn-treker
Yep. Every time I take new folks on a geocaching trip, we leave signatures on the log that don't correspond to any account at geocaching.com. None of them take TBs though, but that isn't for lack of trying. I make a point of supervising any trades, because they quickly forget about what I told them about trackables when they see an interesting toy with a TB tag on it, or a geocoin with interesting artwork.

Thanks for sharing!

My paternal grandparents lived in Ventura, CA. And they are both dead now. How spooky is that?

It's creepy to think they might be watching you right now!!! And you can't see them but they can see you.

I once went after a cemetary hide. It was in Minnesota near highway 35 and highway 23. A memorial obolisk was in the center due to the Hinkley fire many years ago having burned all the markers out.

As I drove down the road folowing my GPS it said GZ here on the side of the road. I got out, then GZ moved to the other side. I cross the road and then GZ moved again,

to the left. I folow and again it moves, now to the right. I am now at the enterance to the cemetary and looking right at the memorial. Then GZ moves big time about 90 feet away to my right.

I go almost right back to the spot where I crossed the road and make the find outside of the cemetary. I have never seen a gost but have walked where many would be if they exist.

On this day I did not see any gost but this was freaky. Almost like they wanted to say hi. Cache name: Remember the Forgotten Ones GC1BCG3.

Thanks for sharing! That's probably the best post we have had all day. Yep there is cacher ghosts and non cacher ghosts that know about this hide. That are pleased with it. Because after all the owner of this cache dedicated it to those that have passed and are forgotten at least to us. Again thanks for sharing. The ghosts here were probably using the energy from the GPS in a a certain way or sending it energy in a certain way to make ground zero move on you like it did. If of course it was ghosts.

I do have to ask was there any power lines nearby? I have been to few cemetery caches and nothing strange has happened to me. Some experts say that strange lights people see around cemetery's are luminous gases that rise from decaying corpses. Maybe that could also be the factor in the moving ground zero. Do you recall the shape you made trying to get from 1 ground zero to the next?

I made a find at an abandoned school building near Leongatha, Victoria, Australia.

On approaching the building I distinctly heard children playing and giggling as if they were pleased to see me.

I took a good look around, but all that was there were cows. Very freaked out.

Log here

Thanks for sharing! Really interesting story! Makes me have the chills. They probably knew the cache was there and we're pleased when they saw you coming to find it. Ghosts can be very lonely you know. Perhaps they were geocachers that were passed on.

Thanks for sharing! That's probably the best post we have had all day. Yep there is cacher ghosts and non cacher ghosts that know about this hide. That are pleased with it. Because after all the owner of this cache dedicated it to those that have passed and are forgotten at least to us. Again thanks for sharing. The ghosts here were probably using the energy from the GPS in a a certain way or sending it energy in a certain way to make ground zero move on you like it did. If of course it was ghosts.

I do have to ask was there any power lines nearby? I have been to few cemetery caches and nothing strange has happened to me. Some experts say that strange lights people see around cemetery's are luminous gases that rise from decaying corpses. Maybe that could also be the factor in the moving ground zero. Do you recall the shape you made trying to get from 1 ground zero to the next?

There were no power lines. My path was almost at right angles. At the GZ in front of the obolisk the next GZ lock was a straight line to the final GZ.It was almost like a bread crumb trail was placed in front of me to get to the memorial. Then after seeing the memorial the final prize was pointed out to me. From what I see on other logs later some had almost the same, GZ moving around. There is a railroad about .2 miles away any power near here may be underground.

There were no power lines. My path was almost at right angles. At the GZ in front of the obolisk the next GZ lock was a straight line to the final GZ.It was almost like a bread crumb trail was placed in front of me to get to the memorial. Then after seeing the memorial the final prize was pointed out to me. From what I see on other logs later some had almost the same, GZ moving around. There is a railroad about .2 miles away any power near here may be underground.

That makes it even more interesting. I guess it confirms even more that it could be ghostly. Guess the obolisk has some significance. That the ghosts want you to know.

I went to one cache in the last 6 weeks that as I approached the cache, I could have sworn I heard voices but no one else was around.

Turned out it was the wind blowing through the tall grasses of the nearby swamp area, but it does make you stop and take notice.

You say you heard voices but then you found out it was just the wind? How?! How can you be so shore? It still could be real voices right? Though I do have an idea that if you make a certain object and have wind blowing through it sort of like the voice box in are throat that makes us talk that it can make talking noises. Way out there huh. But if you think about what makes us talk. I think you can create a similar thing where you have an o next with air blowing through it that will make voice sounds. We basically blow out air when we talk so I think if you can make a certain object with wind blowing through it a certain way you can make voice sounds. I have probably lost you already haven't I? Well thanks for sharing and maybe it really was some ghosts but also it could be that when the wind blows in a certain way or objects we can sometimes here strange voices. I am just wondering how you can say it was the wind? That's all.