Favorites PQ

Totem Clan

Is there a quick, easy way to make a PQ or GPX file out of my Favorites list.

Not that I can see. That list appears to function differently than other true bookmark lists. It doesn't have a LOC/GPX/Run PQ function and doesn't show up in the API. The only way I can see is to do it manually.

<_<

Ok

I didn't just overlook something then.

Thanks.

There is this macro which will mark caches that you've added a fav point to. But it only marks caches that are already in your database. It probably wouldn't be difficult to extend that macro to also download any caches that are not already in your database.

Another idea: when looking at your favorites list, ctrl-drag down the GC Code column and copy that to a text file. Then use the search and replace function of a text editor to replace linefeeds with commas to make a comma-delimited list (e.g. GC1234,GC4567,GC9873). You can then copy/paste that list into the Get Geocaches dialog in GSAK.

There is this macro which will mark caches that you've added a fav point to. But it only marks caches that are already in your database. It probably wouldn't be difficult to extend that macro to also download any caches that are not already in your database.

Another idea: when looking at your favorites list, ctrl-drag down the GC Code column and copy that to a text file. Then use the search and replace function of a text editor to replace linefeeds with commas to make a comma-delimited list (e.g. GC1234,GC4567,GC9873). You can then copy/paste that list into the Get Geocaches dialog in GSAK.

As you can only give a FP for a found cache, you only have to open your myfinds PQ to have every cache you gave a FP in your DB.

I must have missed that while looking at the macro list.

Thanks bunchs.

Load your My Finds PQ into a GSAK db and you will have all of the caches that you could possibly put a favorite on. Run the suggested macro and it will add a custom check mark field and check off the caches that apply. You can then sort and filter just like any other field.

If your goal is to get a PQ of these caches so that you have access to them on the web site:

Create a new Bookmark List on the web site, then in GSAK, open the Filter dialoge and click on the Custom Tab. For Favorite by me, expand it and select True/Yes. This will give you a filter of just those caches. Next use the Geocaching.com Access menu/Add to Bookmark list, select your new list and "all in current filter", and click Add. You can then setup a PQ from the Bookmark list, like any other Bookmark list.

Load your My Finds PQ into a GSAK db and you will have all of the caches that you could possibly put a favorite on. Run the suggested macro and it will add a custom check mark field and check off the caches that apply. You can then sort and filter just like any other field.

If your goal is to get a PQ of these caches so that you have access to them on the web site:

Create a new Bookmark List on the web site, then in GSAK, open the Filter dialoge and click on the Custom Tab. For Favorite by me, expand it and select True/Yes. This will give you a filter of just those caches. Next use the Geocaching.com Access menu/Add to Bookmark list, select your new list and "all in current filter", and click Add. You can then setup a PQ from the Bookmark list, like any other Bookmark list.

GSAK did everything I needed. :D