Help with Short & Long Descriptions

Bentlegs Taffy

Hi, my family and I are relatively new to geocaching and are really enjoying this wonderful family activity. We have decided to place a few new caches in our local area to become really involved in the community. I am editing my 1st cache for review but when I am previewing it all the punctuation and paragraphs are reverting to a block of text that looks extremely unattractive and I feel is taking away from the information and layout of my cache. I have looked at other people's caches and they manage to have seperate paragraphs and lines of text.

Please help or point me in the right direction so i can get my caches up for review.

And yes I am anal and must surely have OCD or something as it is doing my head in.

This is how it is appearing:

This is a circular taking you approx. 2½ miles through some lovely countryside and urban areas too. It is child friendly although the start can sometimes be a bit muddy so walking boots may be required. We have tried to include some very nice points of interest overall and hope you enjoy everything about our first series of caches. Tools needed for the series: Pen/Pencil Tweezers Cache log rolling tool / Dextrous fingers Cache 1 of 11 requires some stealth as it's on a main road.

Caches 1,6,7 & 8 can possibly be done as a chache & dash. This cache takes you near St. James' Church "The Upside-down Church" Built c.1471, Grade 1 listed building. This church is known locally as "The Upside-down Church" as it is reputed that when the sands threatened to engulf the medieval town of Kenfig, the old church of St. James' from the town was dismantled stone by stone and re-built in 'reverse' at it's present location. Some evidence of this can be seen on the east side of the church where the larger stones are above and towards the top of the structure.

This is how I want it to appear:

This is a circular taking you approx. 2½ miles through some lovely countryside and urban areas too. It is child friendly although the start can sometimes be a bit muddy so walking boots may be required. We have tried to include some very nice points of interest overall and hope you enjoy everything about our first series of caches.

Tools needed for the series:

Pen/Pencil

Tweezers

Cache log rolling tool / Dextrous fingers

Cache 1 of 11 requires some stealth as it's on a main road.

Caches 1,6,7 & 8 can possibly be done as a chache & dash.

This cache takes you near St. James' Church "The Upside-down Church"

Built c.1471, Grade 1 listed building.

This church is known locally as "The Upside-down Church" as it is reputed that when the sands threatened to engulf the medieval town of Kenfig, the old church of St. James' from the town was dismantled stone by stone and re-built in 'reverse' at it's present location. Some evidence of this can be seen on the east side of the church where the larger stones are above and towards the top of the structure.

Edited by Bentlegs Taffy

The easiest way, if you have Microsoft Word, it to create your description as a Word document, and then save it.

Then do a Save As and click on the arrow for Save as Type.

Select Web page, Filtered and then hit save.

Then do an Open, select the HTML version of the description and right click and select Open with Notepad.

Finally do a copy and then paste that into your description. Make sure you select Source on the description.

Then you will have it formatted the way you want it.