MAGELLAN TAKES TRADE INS!!!

hang10er

I had a Magellan 300. Perfect condition but being 2 channel not nearly as fast or accurate as the newer models. I found out that Magellan will actually take it in trade for a new model. They give a good fair price for old Magellans towards purchase of new models. Just in case anyone was interested!

I wasnt ready to post

Here is the rest of the info>

At the time I called Sportrack Pro $161.99

Merid. Gold $179.60

We sent in a fried GPS 315 and week later recieved the updated an fully functional Platium with computer data cable, (no rebates apply)

I was also told that I could send in one of my old Garmins for the same deal, so call and ask. and see what current deal is offered.

I noticed a local Wal-Mart had the SportTrak Pro discounted to $200. No idea if this is nationwide, or just that particular store. Subtract another $50 for the rebate that's currently available... Sell your old GPS for whatever you can get on eBay (a 300 can't be worth much, but I still use and love my Mag 315)...

That seems like a better "trade up" program IMO.

-- Scott

Perhaps I will TRADE-up my powered up but non-satellite locking Magellan 300. (Good ol # 0000415, so early it's late).

By the way Wal*Mart tells me this afternoon that GPSrs were low sellers and they are no longer carrying them.

The "Great Prices" were a close out.

Still looking for a working GPSr so I can place and find....(at a VERY reasonable price)

Jeff Scism, IBSSG http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

Is it more important to know what you are talking about,

or more important to talk about what you know?

the seeking is in the knowing

and not where you've been

Travelling is the going

isn't learning Keen

Just FYI this is part of an email I received from Magellan.

quote:

We have a trade-in program where you can trade your older GPS in for a different model at a discounted price. The trade-in units are reconditioned and come with a full one year warranty. There would be a $6 S&H charge ($35 for Canada) plus tax if it applies plus the cost of the trade-in GPS. We can also do a trade-in for any accessories as well. Please call to get those prices. We accept Visa, MC, American Express, Discover, check, money order, or cashier check . These are the following GPS units available for the trade-in program:

GPS310 $71.99

Meridian Gold $179.40

Meridian Marine $191.40

Meridian Platinum $209.40

Meridian Color $299.99

SporTrak $101.99

SporTrak Map $119.99

SporTrak Pro $161.99

I just sent in my old non-functional GPS 300 and am awaiting the Sportrak Map , NO REBATES they say.

Jeff Scism, IBSSG http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

Time to hide

a treasure inside,

and what will we find?

A dream

a trinket,

stimulation for the mind?

Log: Neat stuff, Thanks!!

Log Two: Took serial number keychain, put stuffed dog back.

Log Three: Took log pages, No TP.

Log four: Took Ammo can, Left nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by Flockmaster:

I just sent in my old non-functional GPS 300 and am awaiting the Sportrak Map , NO REBATES they say.

Actually it looks like if the GPS is working OK then it is better to sell it for cheap and get the rebate with a new Mag.