iPhone App - Trackable Photos

r0ttenapple

I come across a lot of trackables that want to be photographed on their journey. I love recording their adventures for the owner, but find it a pain to download the photos off of my iPhone, into the computer, then upload via the website. I use an iPhone and the app for a reason, it's quick and easy! Please add the ability to upload photos of trackables in the app!

I come across a lot of trackables that want to be photographed on their journey. I love recording their adventures for the owner, but find it a pain to download the photos off of my iPhone, into the computer, then upload via the website. I use an iPhone and the app for a reason, it's quick and easy! Please add the ability to upload photos of trackables in the app!

I also think this is a great idea and have suggested this when I did a review of the App.

And as you are unable for whatever reason to 'upload a photo' when logged on to the website via your smartphone, the only way is to plug into your computer as you say.

It would be great If Groundspeak would consider this idea please.

Can anyone answer the questions:

1- is it 'possible' to add the feature to upload a photo when logging a TB via the App,

2- And when logged on to the website via your smartphone?

3- is there a simple technical reason why this is not possible that we are not aware of. [:)]

Great that we can upload photos whilst logging caches tho: thank you Groundspeak [:)]

And as you are unable for whatever reason to 'upload a photo' when logged on to the website via your smartphone...

iOS 6 has added this functionality. When you go to the "Upload an image" page, the "Browse..." button displays as a "Choose file" button and allows you to either pick an already-existing photo or take a new one on the spot.

Of course there are reasons why you may not want to go to iOS 6 at this time...