Editing Waymark Photo

UMainah

I have an instance where I want to edit an uploaded waymark photo, but I can't see how. For some reason, a panoramic photo that I uploaded refuses to upload with the correct location. I need to rotate the photo 90degrees clockwise after I upload it. Can I do this? This is a photo I included in a newly submitted waymark, not a visit or comment log.

What's odd is that the uploading process rotates my photo's orientation by 90 degrees. I guess I just can't upload panoramic photos then.

What usually is the case is that software on your computer is automatically rotating the photo as it appears on your computer based on the metadata in the photo, the site does not read that data and does not do the auto rotation.

What's odd is that the uploading process rotates my photo's orientation by 90 degrees. I guess I just can't upload panoramic photos then.

What usually is the case is that software on your computer is automatically rotating the photo as it appears on your computer based on the metadata in the photo, the site does not read that data and does not do the auto rotation.

Everything looks fine on my computer. I take photos with my phone, which then automatically get uploaded to my Google account in the field. Once I'm home, I download the ones I want to use to my comp. All the photos were fine except for the one panoramic photo that got rotated 90degrees after I uploaded it to Waymarking.

Everything looks fine on my computer. I take photos with my phone, which then automatically get uploaded to my Google account in the field. Once I'm home, I download the ones I want to use to my comp. All the photos were fine except for the one panoramic photo that got rotated 90degrees after I uploaded it to Waymarking.

All the devices and software in the workflow you are using do understand these metadata, which is basically a flag somewhere in the file saying: "display this picture in landscape orientation although the binary data are in fact in portrait orientation". The Waymarking server (as well as the browser) does not understand this flag and displays the picture as it really is.

What you have to do is manually rotate the picture (really rotate it, not just change this metadata value) and then upload it again. Then it should be fine. (This was all a bit oversimplified, but you get the point, I think.)