hi all

kb1065

new to all this but today we went out and found our first cache and i must say i think we hooked we used my iPhone with good guidance to about 10 meters then a lot of luck to find it luckily my wife had the idea of turning a stone over to find a micro cache

Yea thats awesome. I got so excited when i first found mine too. Im glad your enjoying it.

Welcome to the game, kb1065 :)

I notice that you've logged two 'Found it' logs for the same cache, a few days apart. This will throw out your numbers - e.g. You'll get to 50 Finds and your statistics page will show "You've found 50 caches (49 distinct) since your first cache find..."

Perhaps you originally logged a DNF (Did not find) and later changed that DNF to a Found it?

The usual way it's done would be to let the DNF stand (unedited) on the date you DNFed it, then add your Found It log on the later date.

Once you've logged a find on any cache any subsequent visits to that cache (e.g. to retrieve or drop off trackable items) can be logged by using the Note log.

Hope this helps :)

MrsB

new to all this but today we went out and found our first cache and i must say i think we hooked we used my iPhone with good guidance to about 10 meters then a lot of luck to find it luckily my wife had the idea of turning a stone over to find a micro cache

Congrats! we just started in july and have been having a blast, go whenever we get the chance. Have attended 2 events in our area, am going to another one tomorrow. Events are a great place to do some geocaching in one area AND meet other geocachers in your area. Plus you can learn a lot from them too. Keep going, it only gets better.