Little Free Libraries

Mr. 0

First off, I don't really have time to head up a new category, so if it's a workable idea, someone else can feel free to run with it.

Anyhow, I was discussing Little Free Libraries with my girlfriend and she asked if there was a Waymarking cat for them. I didn't see one, and didn't have anything come up in a quick search of the forums.

Little Free Libraries are essentially boxes put out by people containing books that others are free to borrow. They are worldwide, though they appear to be more common in the U.S. I suppose if the idea becomes more popular there could be prevalence issues. Added to that, the Little Free Libraries site already tracks the location of these, so Waymarking them would be duplicating their efforts, but that's the case with many current categories.

Any thoughts?

First off, I don't really have time to head up a new category, so if it's a workable idea, someone else can feel free to run with it.

Anyhow, I was discussing Little Free Libraries with my girlfriend and she asked if there was a Waymarking cat for them. I didn't see one, and didn't have anything come up in a quick search of the forums.

Little Free Libraries are essentially boxes put out by people containing books that others are free to borrow. They are worldwide, though they appear to be more common in the U.S. I suppose if the idea becomes more popular there could be prevalence issues. Added to that, the Little Free Libraries site already tracks the location of these, so Waymarking them would be duplicating their efforts, but that's the case with many current categories.

Any thoughts?

If I remember correctly, there was a discussion about this possible category last year. I'll see if I can find the link.