I want to remove geocoins from my Trackables Inventory page

cmhall9

My Trackables Inventory page shows two geocoins that I have not had in my possession for over two years. I gave them back to their owners. I have tried contacting them but I have not gotten a response.

How can I remove coins and travel bugs that I do not have from my Trackables Inventory page?

you may want to consider moving these items to "unknown location"

since you see them as clutter in your inventory, they would probably also be seen as clutter in the inventory of a geocache where they were not actually present

last I knew, the only people who can move a trackable to "unknown location" are -

1. the trackable item owner

2. the owner of a geocache where the trackable item is indicated as currently residing

you can deal with this restriction by dropping the items in a geocache that you own, and then moving them to "unknown location"

if you do not own a geocache, perhaps someone that you know who does own a geocache would be willing to assist you

as a last resort, a reviewer and/or moderator would probably be willing to help you out

I like the idea of dropping them in caches the current owners have. It's the closest to actually logging them into their hands.... which is what you're trying to do. Moving them to the "unknown location" which is where you send coins that are Missing seems a bit harsh but effective if you just want to dump them. I guess it's a question of tact and finesse.

I do not think you all understand. I said in my first post I do NOT have the coins. I returned them to their owners over two years ago. But they never logged there coins back into their possession on Geocaching.com. So my Trackables Inventory page still shows that I have the coins.

I would like to know how to remove the items from my list. Should I contact Groundspeak?

Yes I do understand. You do not have the coins. My suggestion will still work. You don't have to physically drop them into the caches. Just write the logs on their cache page and drop the coin in as you would any other coin.

The other suggest was to write a log to one of your caches and drop the coins in. Then visit the coin's pages and marked them as missing.

They will then show in an unknown location. You can write another log on the coin's pages to say that the coin owner has the coin.

You don't need the coin tracking numbers to drop them into caches or to mark them as missing from your cache.

I virtually dropped both geocoins into one of my caches that had been archived nine months ago. I posted a note that said what I was doing and that there were never any coins at this location. I then marked both coins as missing. And just like that the coins are now off my Trackables Inventory page.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by cmhall9