Not only one save file

charlenni

I heard, that there should be a Wherigo player, which could save more than one stage of a cartridge, so you could go back to an older save file. Is this correct? Which player has this feature?

Thanks.

Dirk (Charlenni)

Garmin, Windows Mobile Wherigo Player and iPhone don't have it...

iPhone is even worse: you can't decide to close the cartridge without saving. It always save and you can't go back...

I heard, that there should be a Wherigo player, which could save more than one stage of a cartridge, so you could go back to an older save file. Is this correct? Which player has this feature?

Thanks.

Dirk (Charlenni)

iPhone is even worse: you can't decide to close the cartridge without saving. It always save and you can't go back...

Are you talking about saving (or not) over the previous save, or being able to start the cartridge fresh and completely ignore the previous save?

Thanks.

Dirk (Charlenni)

Are you talking about saving (or not) over the previous save, or being able to start the cartridge fresh and completely ignore the previous save?

The original question was about having the chance to save the game in different files and then choose what file to use on resume a game.

That I know, none has that option.

Garmins and WM you can exit game without saving.

iPhone always save, you cannot exit the game without saving.

In any of them you can resume, and it will resume the only file saved.

Thanks.

Dirk (Charlenni)

The original question was about having the chance to save the game in different files and then choose what file to use on resume a game.

That I know, none has that option.

Garmins and WM you can exit game without saving.

iPhone always save, you cannot exit the game without saving.

In any of them you can resume, and it will resume the only file saved.

Thanks for the summary. My question is, do you wish to skip saving? If so, why? Is it so you can resume the previous save?

Thanks for the summary. My question is, do you wish to skip saving? If so, why? Is it so you can resume the previous save?

Exactly.

Because you can't save different files it would be important that you can skip saving if you wish to.

Example:

I have a Wherigo that runs for 6km in Porto city and it takes you about 4 hours to complete.

I'm always saving when I know I've reached a point with everything ok.

If I have a problem somewhere, I just have to exit the player, then resume from the last saving I know it's fine and avoid starting from the beggining.

In the iPhone it's not possible, it will save on exit no matter what I want and I won't have the last saving where everything was ok...

Exactly.

Because you can't save different files it would be important that you can skip saving if you wish to.

Example:

I have a Wherigo that runs for 6km in Porto city and it takes you about 4 hours to complete.

I'm always saving when I know I've reached a point with everything ok.

If I have a problem somewhere, I just have to exit the player, then resume from the last saving I know it's fine and avoid starting from the beggining.

In the iPhone it's not possible, it will save on exit no matter what I want and I won't have the last saving where everything was ok...

Thanks for clarifying.