Newb, please dont throw rocks

Imlost:)

Were new to this, second week coming up. Going to go to Busch Wildlife in Missouri today. Any ideas on other good sites to get a good days caching in on.

Wanted to ask what ATV means. I thought of the All Terrain Vehicle but for some reason that doesn't make sense in some of these logs. Its usually used like this "found with ATV". I could be wrong but of the two that I am looking at one is right behind the cop shop on a public street and the other is at a highway get-off on an extremely busy street by MasterCard. I wouldn't think anyone is riding an ATV in those areas.

Currently using an eTrex 30 and an iPhone. The wife likes to beat me to the sites using her iPhone and claim that she has won. As I mentioned were new and cant find one or two but I'm thinking I have to sit back and look "slower" rather than do a deep scan like a quarter fell out of my pocket. Also plan on using my running watch for a few that are stashed on a trail near here.

Having tons of fun and really excited to getting out during all seasons to look for things and enjoy outside. P.S. My cable company will probably hate this new hobby.

If "found with ATV" is logged by the same or just a couple of cachers, it probably is the username for another, or perhaps a shortening of that name.

Going slow is better... really. This isn't (in our opinion) a mad rush to git 'er done. Going slow also gives one the opportunity to look UP more often (hint-hint). But if the going slow is in direct relation to "over-searching" an area because your GPSr says you are AT the cache, be sure to expand your search. Oftentimes, GPSr units will not totally agree on readings -- close, but Zero to one is not to another.

Wanted to ask what ATV means. I thought of the All Terrain Vehicle but for some reason that doesn't make sense in some of these logs. Its usually used like this "found with ATV".

In this particular instance, it's an abbreviation of another cacher's username:

atvrider5371

Found it

07/17/2012

Easy find with Wings. A&W

cindywings

Found it

07/17/2012

Found with ATV, this was a quick park and grab. A&W

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Just a note regarding GCJTG0:

other cachers found the same scrap of paper, but logged it as "DNF", not a "found it".

Also, that sort of situation really calls for someone somewhere along the line to post a "Needs Maintenance" log.

1.4. Cache Log Types and Icons

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=246

3.8. Caches That Need Maintenance

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=57

B.