GeoTours by Groundspeak

Rose Red

Where do I find more information regarding the GeoTours created by Groundspeak? Evidently the closest one to my location is centered on Cache Creek, B.C. It weaves through the region's Gold Rush country and will have 144 caches by the end of the summer.

Hi, I'm not sure how much you know about the Gold Country Caches but they really are quite remarkable. You can pick up an actual book at some Tourist information Centers from Hope on up through to Merritt and Cache Creek. The caches actually start at Lytton and after you've logged 24, (and collected a sticker from each one) you submit them to Gold Country Geo-Tourism and they will send you a Trackable Gold Bar. Most of the sites are of historic significance. The new Gold Country caches that are in the process of being launched this summer, will not have the corresponding books out until early next year but you can still download a 'sticker page' from their website. I am currently working towards my second Gold Bar (you can only claim 1 per year) If you plan you trip well, you can get 24 in a day.. well worth the trip~