Buying Codes en masse or otherwise

PopeNick

I want to create my own Geocoins. I have access to a laser cutter so creating my own wood geocoins, so its happening one way or another. I'm determined. How do I go about buying codes for said geocoins either in bulk from Groundspeak or otherwise. I just see that they can be purchased at $1.50 ea from Groundspeak in quantities of 50+ but it doesn't detail how to go about this.

That said I would rather not purchase so many codes but I may if I have no other choice. Does any one know where I can find them in quantities of 5,10, 20 even online?

I might always just buy a travel bug and use its code because its less expensive, but with the ease and speed I can reproduce the intended coin I want to be able to create a lot for not a huge amount of money. 10 coins at 5 bucks per tag is 50 bucks, and if I could find it for less it becomes a more viable option to the point where I could even think about selling custom coins or bulk coins.

Thanks for any help.

PopeNick

I purchased some from someone on this forum who was selling them 2/$5. If I were you, I'd just get the 50. If you're making a good many coins and I assume might want to do more than one design, you will probably go through them quick.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=294120&st=0&p=5063542&hl=andrew&fromsearch=1entry5063542

Above is the post where I bought mine. Don't know if he still has any or not.

Here's the policy on making your own geocoins......Knowledge Books. With only 2 days caching experience you might have bigger ideas than the game will allow so take a look at what's been done already and how you could do it better. Search the forums for threads on wood, leather, glass, clay geocoins that have won approval from The Powers That Be, aka the good folks at Groundspeak who own and manage the Geocaching website, and even search for homemade geocoins that didn't gain approval.

Wooden coins, aka wooden nickels, are currently used as signature items and are not trackable or even considered geocoins as they get messed up pretty easily. Poker chips have also been customized and used for this purpose and also get banged up pretty bad in caches.

Edited by Droo