How do I get my GPSmap 62s to show logs?

GreenDragonfly

I just bought a GPSmap 62s, and I really like the antenna on it! I get great reception in the woods where we hang out.

I do have a problem though. I've downloaded caches into the unit, and then when I try to "View Geocache", it shows a VERY brief description. If you try to go to the menu and choose "View Logs", you get the same thing.... no logs. Same for "View Description" and "Hints".

I don't get it! I got this unit so that I could go paperless, but it seems that I still have to print everything out. Darn!

I just bought a GPSmap 62s, and I really like the antenna on it! I get great reception in the woods where we hang out.

I do have a problem though. I've downloaded caches into the unit, and then when I try to "View Geocache", it shows a VERY brief description. If you try to go to the menu and choose "View Logs", you get the same thing.... no logs. Same for "View Description" and "Hints".

I don't get it! I got this unit so that I could go paperless, but it seems that I still have to print everything out. Darn!

I'm not very computer savvy, but it sounds like you downloaded .loc files instead of .gpx files. Did you set up a PQ (Pocket Query) then download the the PQ file (gpx)

How did you load the information?? no need for any external software - just drop the GPX files from a PQ into the garmin\gpx folder on the unit.

I tried that, but didn't get anything on my unit. I had to pay for GSAK, but don't have my new PQ yet to try it out. We'll see !

Did you unzip the file before dropping it on the unit??

How did you load the information?? no need for any external software - just drop the GPX files from a PQ into the garmin\gpx folder on the unit.

I tried that, but didn't get anything on my unit. I had to pay for GSAK, but don't have my new PQ yet to try it out. We'll see !

Did you unzip the file before dropping it on the unit??

Um ... yup ... however, I finally realized my mistake. There are TWO .gpx files and you have to put them BOTH in the directory, not just one of them (*blushes* and scuffs toes in the dirt)....