Watchlist Notifications

beachcraze

I am currently receiving random e-mail notifications of "finds" logged for the caches on my Watchlist. The problem is that the "finds" are several months old. I have verified that the original posts haven't been updated to trigger the e-mail. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Here are the GC I've received "watchlist" messages for in the last few weeks:

GC3C7A0

Rec'd e-mail notification on 7/14/12

KB9RYN found Wildcat Creek Multi (Multi-cache) at 4/22/2011

Profile for KB9RYN indicates Last Visit:Sunday, 07 August 2011

GC2PNVZ Rec'd e-mail notification on 7/6/12

Honkeon found Earthquake (Archived) (Traditional Cache) at 4/10/2011

Edited by beachcraze

I am currently receiving random e-mail notifications of "finds" logged for the caches on my Watchlist. The problem is that the "finds" are several months old. I have verified that the original posts haven't been updated to trigger the e-mail. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

You've posted this in the Bug Report forum, but you've provided no evidence that it's a site bug.

It could be someone logging their finds late, it could be a member has created their own account, and is logging their finds under their new username, it could be any number of reasons.

If you could post a few GC codes and indicate which logs are "several months old", that would help a lot. Right now, there's no way to know what the situation could be.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

You've posted this in the Bug Report forum, but you've provided no evidence that it's a site bug.

It could be someone logging their finds late, it could be a member has created their own account, and is logging their finds under their new username, it could be any number of reasons.

If you could post a few GC codes and indicate which logs are "several months old", that would help a lot. Right now, there's no way to know what the situation could be.

B.

Here are the GC I've received "watchlist" messages for in the last few weeks:

GC3C7A0

GC2PNVZ Rec'd e-mail notification on 7/6/12

Honkeon found Earthquake (Archived) (Traditional Cache) at 4/10/2011

GC3C7A0

Curiouser and curiouser...

When I checked that cache just now, the log from KB9RYN was dated 4/22/2012.

I have seen discussions in the forums before giving examples of "Last Visit" dates not updating, so maybe they were just back-logging some caches and that date never got updated. I get back-dated logs on my owned caches and other watched caches all the time, so I don't bat an eye anymore. Sometimes they're a year or more old. Everyone has their own schedule.