wedding geocoin or tb?

PinkFox5

Trying to go outside the box for our wedding in Jamaica this November. It's a travel theme... surprised, aren't you?

I was thinking compass theme. Then the fiance suggests that we use special geocoins or travel bugs and use those as the wedding favours. I think it's a great idea.

Now here's the hard part... how do I get about 50 of these... custom or not... without costing an arm and a leg? I have ideas, but no idea where to go from here.

Suggestions?

Depends on what you consider an arm and a leg. Contact a coin vendour and ask them if it's easier to find 50 unsold units or to do a re-mint of your own special edition with a unique colour scheme. It's way cheaper than re-inventing the wheel as the dies have already been cast and proofed - you might be able to negotiate a price that is comparable to buying 50 units off the shelf and you'd have your own unique colour choices. It's a thought but I know nothing about minimum orders at the mint to do another run.

Trying to go outside the box for our wedding in Jamaica this November. It's a travel theme... surprised, aren't you?

I was thinking compass theme. Then the fiance suggests that we use special geocoins or travel bugs and use those as the wedding favours. I think it's a great idea.

Now here's the hard part... how do I get about 50 of these... custom or not... without costing an arm and a leg? I have ideas, but no idea where to go from here.

Suggestions?

Have you considered doing a pathtags? They are not trackable but they are very popular.

Another idea would be to use a coin vendor's common back of a coin and design the front as you wish. If you check each of the vendors you'll fine a couple that do this and 50 should be no problem (6-8 bucks maybe.

BTW Congratulations on your Wedding, wishing you the best :D