Waypoint Download Problems

For a number of years I have been able to download cache waypoints from GC.com, then save them to my desktop as GPX files, which I then use in ‘Memory map’ to plan my caching excursions.

Below is the GC instruction describing this operation:

Waypoint Downloads

To download geocaches, check the box to the left of each listing you wish to download. When you're done, click the download button to the right.

Since the last GC site update this feature no longer works! There have been no changes to my equipment, I have got other cachers to check this download feature for me and they have found the same problem. I have also checked the 'Help Centre' and the forums, which unbelievably have no information that this problem exists.

Waypoint Downloads

To download geocaches, check the box to the left of each listing you wish to download. When you're done, click the download button to the right.

Since the last GC site update this feature no longer works! There have been no changes to my equipment, I have got other cachers to check this download feature for me and they have found the same problem. I have also checked the 'Help Centre' and the forums, which unbelievably have no information that this problem exists.

It works ok for me. Select the caches I want, type in the CAPTCHA code, then press the Download Waypoints button.

It works ok for me. Select the caches I want, type in the CAPTCHA code, then press the Download Waypoints button.

Errm, there is no CAPTCHA on that page..... I suspect you're trying this somewhere else. FWIW when I click the download button it doesn't do anything either.

FWIW this is being discussed here

There is planned downtime tonight, maybe they'll be fixing it then.....

Edited by MartyBartfast

Thanks ‘MartyBartfast’ for providing a link to the forum location where a discussion is going on right now about my very problem. I was beginning to think that this problem only affected me and the cachers that I got to check it out. I obviously failed to use the appropriate forum search criteria.

I have sent in a ‘bug’ report to GC.com and will continue to monitor the other discussion location thanks to ‘MartyBartfast’