I am looking for some one with a Garmin Oregon or Colarado

Hi I would like to port the Wherigo player to other devices there fore I need the Wherigo player from a Garmin Oregon or Colarado.

If you have a device like that please help me. It really sucks that the Wherigo player is not available on other garmin devices.

Happy Hunting from Namibia

Dersachensucher

Edited by Dersachensucher

Are you trying to find one of these devices so that you can see how the 'client' side responds to a 'cartridge'? The 'player' is not a separate bit of code - it's part of the overall firmware load for these units for which Garmin isn't going to release the source!

I have managed to extract the player from firmware of the Oregon. I have added it to a custom update file for my non Wherigo device but some my device doesn't load it. I am working on it.

Given that the code is processor specific, and is distributed with the entire *.gcd, I'd be entertained to hear both what platform you are using for your project, and how you managed to excise just the right bits. We won't get into what you plan to do with this once complete, given that the Garmin-specific implementation of the Wherigo code will of course be protected by copyright.

Edited by ecanderson