First Geocoins

Cachefoxxe

Ok So I have order my first geo coins. These are going to be released, and I had a couple of questions.

First one, is being released in memory of my cat. She passed away a few months ago and Im going to put her pics on the coin page. Im just wondering if people think this is in bad taste? This will be her memorial for me and my wife.

Second coin I was thinking of adding it to a traveler. I know this is what a TB is for but can this be done with a coin as well?

Third coin will be a standard cache and release.

thanks for the responses, in advance. :blink:

First one, is being released in memory of my cat. She passed away a few months ago and Im going to put her pics on the coin page. Im just wondering if people think this is in bad taste? This will be her memorial for me and my wife.

I have several coins I released in memory of my schnauzer Logan...I can only speak for myself, but i feel it's a great memorial to your cat, and it feels good to see the coin moved, and your friend remembered. Be aware that coins can dissappear once released, but this is the chance you take with setting your coins free.

drnealcoin.jpg

Second coin I was thinking of adding it to a traveler. I know this is what a TB is for but can this be done with a coin as well?

most certainly...i would suggest drilling a hole through the coin (don't damage the tracking code,) and attaching it to with a zip tie or light chain (like the travel bugs,) to your traveler

Third coin will be a standard cache and release.

hope this is of some help to you

ILYK
Edited by drneal

The coin with the traveler already has a hole in it, so that wont be a problem. Thanks for the input. Yea I know they sometimes go missing, but I am not worried about it. Once I have the coins I'll post the reference numbers here (Not the coin numbers as I know thats a no no) so if anyone is interested they can look at them. none of these are Great just common ones I think.