Disney Benchmarks

Shaved Ewok

I guess it's about time I chimed in here. :laughing:

Larry and Lloyd and I have all been busy or we would have spotted this earlier.

SE, I have a website devoted to Disney survey marks:

Patty's Disneymarks site

There you'll find coordinates for and photos of all the publicly known benchmarks at Disney's properties in California and Florida. (I've heard there are some in other countries but have never received any confirmation of them.) Each description includes a link to the appropriate Waymarking.com page where you can log the ones you found.

If by some chance you found a mark that is not mentioned on my website, please please send me information about it!

Since you're specifically interested in the WDW marks, you may also enjoy reading this article about the history of surveying at WDW that I wrote a few years ago:

Mapping the World

By the way everyone, Lloyd found a bunch of markers at the new Cars Land at Disney California Adventure, plus a few more previously unknown ones at DCA and DL. He and Larry have been sending me information (coords, pix) and I hope to have everything posted soon, possibly by this weekend. If anyone here goes to DCA, please keep an eye out for any other other new ones since the major renovation of the park.

Patty

There's a virtual cache based on hunting the ones in California Adventures.

Yes, my friend Larry owns that cache! By all means, give it a go if you get to Disneyland. It only requires you to find five specific benchmarks at DCA.

There is also another one in Disneyland that is not exactly a benchmark, but close.

My friend Lloyd spoke to Disney's official archivist about that object a few years ago; you can read that information here:

Types of Disney Survey Markers

Scroll down to "Unidentified Markers."

Patty