New Geocaching Supply Page...

quote:
Originally posted by DustyJacket:

And very obnoxious music on that web page.

I had to exit before I had a chance to look around.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

Must be an IE thing, I use NS and I don't hear any music.

[This message was edited by rayt333 on July 24, 2003 at 03:51 PM.]

Well, I can see that the prices for the Capsule keychains individually are the same as local, but the quantity discount further down the page would be a great way for Geocaching groups to get a large quantity of these - everyone could pitch in a few dollars and get a better deal. It's a matter of determining how much you are willing to spend to get a GREAT deal.

They do that at Costco too, but there doesn't seem to be a membership fee here.

When I first started GC'ing, I had no idea where these capsule keychains could be purchased. I doubt they are available everywhere that Geocaching is. Looks like anyone (Not just the U.S. folk) now have the opportunity to purchase what they want.

There may not be any discount, but just a question, if you are buying these locally, are you supporting a fellow Geocacher? Does the local place you are purchasing these from offer to engrave/personalize them? Personally I think it will be better to be able to have them put

"This is part of a game, please visit www.geocaching.com"

and that way I don't have to figure out how to adhere a waterproof sticker to the outside of my Micro-Cache.

I went to the site, clicked on the Large Capsule keychains, ordered 25 with the above text and the total came to 73.75. I wanted to find out how much shipping would be - I clicked on the link and it said

- Standard Shipping ($0.00)

- U.S.P.S. First Class ($3.05)

- U.S.P.S. Priority Mail ® ($4.00)

- UPS Ground ($5.10)

- UPS 3 Day Select ($7.12)

- UPS 2nd Day Air ($10.18)

- U.S.P.S. Express Mail ® ($18.00)

- UPS Next Day Air Saver ($22.62)

- FedEx 2day ($25.46)

- FedEx Priority ($25.46)

Price for these at REI in Spokane is 3.95 each. If I chose Standard Shipping - each capsule costs me 2.95. Save $25. Hmm. Like it. That's a Movie Rental and a Big Pizza.

If I was in a hurry, and wanted it UPS 2nd Day Air? ((73.75 + 10.18)/25)= 3.36 per capsule. Save $14.75. Cool. That's about two movie tickets.

I'm not trying to sell them, and I will not benefit monetarily from the sale of anything on the aforementioned website, except that I will not be spending so much to make really cool caches for others to find.

JMHO.

OddTodd

Cadence

(OddTodd and CheleBell)

FRS2,12GMRS22(WPXD965)