Quantity Discounts?

GeoVet

quote:
Originally posted by GeoVet:

I'm looking to purchase a # of GPSr's (probably etrex yellows

Garmin E-Trex Venture is the best bang for the buck.

There are other units that seem to excel in specialized situations, but for everything I, and 4 other cachers in the area, the Venture is all we need. And it has many advantages over the others.

If you are considering the Basic Yellow E-Trex, I strongly recommend you get the Venture. By the time you add the computer cable (which you WILL want) to the basic yellow, you save very little cache (cash), . OTOH, the Venture allows longer Waypoint names, twice as many legs in a track, longer track names, and has a much nicer display over the basic yellow.

NOW.... having posted that... if you don't need the cable(s), and the advantages of the venture do little for you, then the yellow is for you.

I would contact not only several retailers, but also GARMIN and see if they have some support program for education. Who knows, they might have lesson plans and all prepared for you.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

hmm...if you're getting yellows...i wonder if you'd let me tag on to your order. i'm looking at getting an etrex yellow for my brother in law, who is just starting to get interested in the sport. let me know if you get a good discount price and wouldn't mind adding one to your order.

robb