Noob - Event Info

Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to post this, as am in the UK ;) We are pretty new to the world of geocaching and would be very interested in taking part at events within reasonable travel distance but the problem is that I don't know where to look for event info. The large/national ones I found through google but I can't seem to find smaller, more local ones. Is there somewhere I can search for them? Or on geocaching.com set search options to look for events or something?

Thanks

TJay xxx

Hi and welcome.

The Geocaching Association of Great Britain (GAGB) keeps a calendar of all events here: http://www.gagb.co.uk/forums/calendar.php

You can also search for events on Geocaching.com, go here http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx and select the event type from the dropdown box, bung in your postcode and Bob's your mothers brother.

Edit to add, also as a premium member you can set up a Pocket Query to include event caches, but that's a whole different story.

Edited by MartyBartfast

Hi there,

I hope this is the right place to post this, as am in the UK ;) We are pretty new to the world of geocaching and would be very interested in taking part at events within reasonable travel distance but the problem is that I don't know where to look for event info. The large/national ones I found through google but I can't seem to find smaller, more local ones. Is there somewhere I can search for them? Or on geocaching.com set search options to look for events or something?

Thanks

TJay xxx

If you subscribe to the weekly newsletter it will tell you about forthcoming events. Personally I find it gives far more information than is useful, as the event 10 miles away is often lost among the listings of events 150 miles away.

Since you're a premium member you can filter out all cache types except events on the map and see where they are. Just be aware that an event will show on the map until it's archived, which is usually at least a week or two after the event takes place.

Whereabouts in the UK are you? You might find someone willing to "adopt" you and show you the ropes.