Turn by turn for Mag. Explorist 510

I just bought a Magellan Explorist 510 and I am having fun getting used to it. I have always used my android in the past while caching. I have been spoiled by "Lois" (name given to the female voice on Google Navigation) who gave me turn by turn instructions to each cache. Without spending a ton of money or better yet "free", is there a map that any of you know of that I can download onto my gps? I have searched several of the sites that offer maps but I get overwhelmed and don't know exactly what I am looking for.

Any help or suggestions from all of my fellow cachers would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS! :rolleyes:

nsnoekums

(Nancy S.)

I just bought a Magellan Explorist 510 and I am having fun getting used to it. I have always used my android in the past while caching. I have been spoiled by "Lois" (name given to the female voice on Google Navigation) who gave me turn by turn instructions to each cache. Without spending a ton of money or better yet "free", is there a map that any of you know of that I can download onto my gps? I have searched several of the sites that offer maps but I get overwhelmed and don't know exactly what I am looking for.

Any help or suggestions from all of my fellow cachers would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS! :rolleyes:

nsnoekums

(Nancy S.)

I know about several different "Free" sources for maps that will work with your eX510, but I'm not aware of any routable maps that will work except the Magellan City Series which can be purchased on Micro SD Card and will work with the 510.

However, there are always resources available that I don't know about, so check out http://www.exploristforum.com and ask there, I'm sure someone can give you an answer...

David

Magellan Insider

There are some great topo maps you can put on a 510 that are almost free, but the only routable maps that will work are the ones from Magellan. Normal price is $100, but I have seen them on sale for $50 in the past.

http://maps4me.net/index.php?language=en is a very popular (and safe) site where you can download unlimited topo maps for one year for $14 or so. The price in USD actually fluctuates according to exchange rates. The Vantage Point software that is a free download from Magellan makes it easy to install the maps4me topo maps.