Etrex H chache numbers get truncated?

Hi,

I use a Garmin eTrex H, which i find basic but functional. I have the serial lead for it and use the option from geocaching.com website to send the cache details to it. However, the cache numbers are seven characters long, and the etrex H only accepts six, so it truncates them and loses the last character.

Is there any easy way to avoid this? I wouldnt mind if it cut off the first letter, as thats always a G! But the last letter can often be crucial to knowing which waypoint it is!

FlyingCompass

Cut off the first two! GC (in geocaching) always means geocache. No real need for it in your GPSr.

Early(er) Garmins well noted for this non-feature. If they actually were concerned about geocaching, geocaches had shorter numbers at that time.

EDIT: to correct letter transposition...... duh....

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Cut off the first two! GC (in geocaching) always means geocache. No real need for it in your GPSr.

Early(er) Garmins well noted for this non-feature. If they actually were concerned about geocaching, geocaches had shorter numbers at that time.

EDIT: to correct letter transposition...... duh....

How do i cut off the first two? (yep, having GC at the start of them all does seem a bit daft)

I just click the 'send to GPS' and it sends them, no editing option i can see (doing this off the map). I know i can edit them in the unit itself, but that kinda defeats the object of having the serial lead!

Is there an edit option when writing them to the unit from the main cache entry listing?