Carmen

Thompy8

Carmen Sandiego

I'm a tech teacher in Massachusetts. I have been working on implementing geocaching into our school activities the past couple of years. I'm in the middle of creating a 39 cache series in Brimfield, Massachusetts and I have decided to create a coin for it.

I'm not making the coin to profit from, although the cost does not match the cost to make. I'm thinking about giving the extra coins as rewards to students/families that pick up caching after we do our school events.

The coin making process was an interesting process to go through, but the person I worked with was great. I sent out several emails inquiring at first, only 3 responded within a week and only 1 really followed through with my questions. The Monterey Company won my selection. They were more expensive than the other 2, but like I said, it isn't for profit, so as long as I’m not losing money, so be it. I just ordered them! Now, I've patiently entered the waiting game.

My question is, maybe I'm doing it now!

What is the best way to go about selling these coins to cachers?

Normal practices?

I've included a picture(hopefully link gets you there). It's a 1.75 inch nickel TB coin.

Although I have already approved the coin and I'm very happy with it, comments are appreciated. We are all always learning something or another.

Thanks,

Thompy8

Edited by Thompy8

:) Well... I do not know much about sales of geocoins... but I can help in the pictures! :D

and I actually do nto know a lot about prices.. bacause it's been a long time since my last buy.... well.. crisis here in greece.. is killing us all... anyway...about the photos...

you have to upload them in the net first.. there are many sites to do that... you can registered for free... and...

I am in the photobucket.. for example..

when you upload the photo there.. you will see that the site is giving you links of the photo... to use them in email, forums, etc... so your photo will be seen!

in case of Photobucket... (that I know most..), use the last link... with the IMG code... copy the link and paste it here.. and you will have your photo added here to see it directly (we do not have to click on the link etc...)

if by anychance you can not do it... and you want.. I can help you in that! i can do that for you! :) just let me know and I will send you my email address... so you can send me your photos.. and... I will add them here! :)

I didn't have any issues with it at all. I thought I might. Seeing as it was my first coin design, I did forget a few things, on the coin, but the company too care of it. I'm excited to get them in. I'll have them hopefully before our New England Mega event in Pittsfield, MA. Have to start figuring the best way to distribute. I know many people who have started my series and want a few already.