In serious need of assistance

Eralon

I've always thought of myself as computer/tech savvy, and after having so much grief with my old Magellan eXplorist 500 I did my research and found that the majority of DeLorme Earthmate PN-40 owners were extremely happy with their GPSr and its ease-of-use. Some even saying that they, in fact, aren't tech savvy at all and were able to handle this product with very little (if any) hassle.

I'm completely stumped, however.

I cannot use the individual "Send to GPS" button on gc.com map page, I cannont download PQ's to it via GSAK. I've done manufacturing resets, firmware upgrades, software upgrades, added Babel to get a macro which GSAK apparently needs to manage PQ transfers (and I THINK I installed it... jury's still out on this one), checked throuh many gc.com forums, GSAK forums, Babel FAQ, Installed Topo 9.0 (which I still don't know what the hell that does) attempted to run windows in 32bit as recommended. My last effort was to install Cache Register, which according to the video I watched of it, is surprisingly simple to use... providing it works.

Basically I've done everything but sacrificed a chicken and sold my sould to get this big orange paperweight to work.

I'm a hair's breadth away from either being committed to an asylum or tossing my GPSr's into a meat grinder and buying a dadgum compass.

If anyone out there has the know-how and patience to instruct me with a (simplified, straight-forward) step-by-step guide I would be totally, utterly, and completely in your debt.

Hell, I'll even make it worth your while!

Thanks for listening. Even the voices in my head are ignoring me now!

My last effort was to install Cache Register, which according to the video I watched of it, is surprisingly simple to use... providing it works.

Yeah... it didn't work.

But I appreciate the tip.

But a massive THANK YOU goes out to NOMESQUAD who provided me with the information I needed to get my PQ's up and installed... and all without having to deal with that train-wreck of a program GSAK. I'm sure it has its uses, and I just MAY be able to figure it out if I was stuck on a deserted island for 30 years with a computer that only had that program installed on it, but I'm happy--ecstatic really--that I don't need to interact with that... thing.

Again, NOMESQUAD, my thanks to you!!!

Edited by Eralon