Either my brand new Magellan Explorist GC doesn't work or....

ohmelli

I'm a REAL idiot! I've put the batteries in and I've tried everything including reading the users manual to try to figure out how to turn the thing on... but it just won't. I've taken batteries OUT of my camera (that I know work) and put them in... and nothing. The batteries that they sent me power up my camera - but not the GPSr. Am I REALLY an idiot? I wanna be an idiot RATHER than have a BRAND NEW GPS that doesn't work! Helllllllllp!

:(:blink::(

I bought one from REI about 1.5 months ago and had exactly the same problem. I even called Magellan to trouble-shoot. Figured out that it was a dud unit, so I just swapped it out. Since i purchased from REI, I swapped it out the same day I bought it. The second one I got was fine. So you may just have a dud one too.

FYI - Magellan said they would replace the unit, but I didn't want to deal with the time lag.

Screen up in your hand the power button should be on the right side. On top of the unit.

:lol: Thank you, THANK YOU!!! I AM a bloomin' idiot!!! I saw that "mark" on top - but did not think it was a button! :laughing: My problem is solved... my GPSr works!!! (I knew I was an idiot all along... that's just the way I roll!)

Thank you ALL for your help and suggestions! :D

:laughing: Always a wise guy!

Pup Patrol - thank you! I'm in the process of figuring it all out. I got all my settings in... but I'm heading for the on-line manual now! Gotta figure out how to delete all these pre-installed caches... And then get some that I want in there! I'm not seeing how to manually put in coordinates either... so I have to check on that!

Again, THANKS for all the help!!!

Screen up in your hand the power button should be on the right side. On top of the unit.

:lol: Thank you, THANK YOU!!! I AM a bloomin' idiot!!! I saw that "mark" on top - but did not think it was a button! :laughing: My problem is solved... my GPSr works!!! (I knew I was an idiot all along... that's just the way I roll!)

Thank you ALL for your help and suggestions! :D

Glad I could be of some help AND have the correct answer ....

You'll all be SO PROUD of me! I actually got the GC up and running, learned how to make a PQ ... AND actually got it INTO the unit!!! This is a HALLELUIA DAY!!! It was scary for a little while... I deleted all the caches that came in it BEFORE I knew how to put any of my own in it... so it was pretty empty! *whew* :P

(and I never even used the magic phone number...) :lol:

Edited by ohmelli