Search page feature request...

maleki

First - thanks for the great website.

My request for possible improvement:

I notice that on the cache search result pages it indicates the 'Last Found' date.

Would it be possible to change this to 'Last Update' date. If a note is posted - or a no find since it was last found is posted.

I occasionally see a cache page that may have not been found for some period of time but there may be a note(s) posted with important info about the cache. This is not readily noticeable from the cache search page without going to each cache page itself. Twice recently, caches I went for had the coords changed a few days b4 I went. The cache owners posted a note of change but there was no way of telling this from the search page. As a newbie, since it was last found fairly recently and I already had the waypoint in GPSr I didn't bother looking further(I know better now) Maybe there is already someway to show this on the search pages, if so let me know how please and disregard this request.

This would be very helpful, at least to the way that I use and browse local cache pages.

Thanks

maleki/Marty

[This message was edited by maleki on March 07, 2003 at 09:33 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by maleki:

First - thanks for the great website.

My request for possible improvement:

I notice that on the cache search result pages it indicates the 'Last Found' date.

Would it be possible to change this to 'Last Update' date. If a note is posted - or a no find since it was last found is posted.

I occasionally see a cache page that may have not been found for some period of time but there may be a note(s) posted with important info about the cache. This is not readily noticeable from the cache search page without going to each cache page itself. Twice recently, caches I went for had the coords changed a few days b4 I went. The cache owners posted a note of change but there was no way of telling this from the search page. As a newbie, since it was last found fairly recently and I already had the waypoint in GPSr I didn't bother looking further(I know better now) Maybe there is already someway to show this on the search pages, if so let me know how please and disregard this request.

I have to disagree. As it is now, I can look at the listing and at least get a useful piece of information - someone last logged a find on a specific date. If it's a recent date, there's a pretty good chance the cache is still there.

With the change you mentioned, I would instead know that someone maybe found a cache, or maybe didn't find a cache, or maybe just posted a note on a specific date. A once useful piece of information has been rendered usless.

3608_2800.gif

I don't understand what info is NOT useful if it has been posted since the last find.

Sure someone found a cache last weekend or a few days ago. It was there - great.

In the mean time several no-finds since. Last found date still says last weekend or whatever. I'd like to be aware of the possibility that it's not there or maybe the owner updated the coords or physically changed the cache container or location and left a note(which I've had happen twice recently).

Maybe it wasn't found because it's under water now. Maybe a controlled burn of the area was done this week(found a cache within last month that this was happening across the trail - don't know if it was going to burn thru the cache area but posted a note) and no-finders left a note.

Maybe someone just grabbed a TB and posted a note.

Trees trimmed in the area and several no-finders post a note that cache may be gone since last find - I'd rather see some indication of a possible change in status than the last date found.

So why not just indicate the last time the page changed. Seems it could only be helpful. Whatever...

Just looking to see any time a cache page has changed. I love surprises but try to minimize them .

Marty/maleki

[This message was edited by maleki on March 09, 2003 at 12:48 PM.]