battery powered caches

erwigg

I once found a cache that requires a battery to go between to terminals. when that occurs the bison tube is lowered from with in a PVC pipe. does any one know what type of motor is used? how is this maded?

I can't say for certain, but my husband thought a 'servo motor' would do it. He used to fly R/C airplanes.

We found a cache like that.... Why don't you send the CO an e-mail and ask them?

Edited by Lieblweb

I have a cache that had a battery operated key finder. The kind that if you clapped or whistled, it would beep. Being inside a cache you had to be louder than a clap or whistle. So, people had to get to GZ and hoot like an owl and stop, be silent, and listen for the beeping. It was a hoot. I called it Hootie and the Go Fish, because it was near a place you can fish. People loved it, and had a lot of laughs at themselves hooting in the middle of the woods, but I couldn't keep the batteries alive throughout the year once it started getting cold in winter. And it was a long drive and the people I knew that lived nearby had moved, so I didnt need the maintenance nightmare, and I changed the cache page.The cache is still there, but the hooting is gone.

Hootie and the Go Fish

Make sure your batteries will last, or stock up on batteries.

We have a great night cache here that requires batteries to work through, and another one that needs batteries to operate some sort of "speak and spell" toy (haven't tried this one yet).

I've been thinking about getting a little solar panel from Canadian Tire - one of the cheap ones for recharging cell phones - and incorporating that in some way. I think I'd have to hide it somewhere away from the cache so it didn't get stolen. Of course, I live on the wet coast so how much sun do we really get? :blink: Is there an attribute for: Find on Sunny Days only?