iphone App logs sent, but not showing up on site

jpadc

I see three field notes dated today on your account. Are you sure you didn't send the the data as field notes rather than as logs?

Thank you so much for looking Moun10Bike. I don't think that is the problem, although it needs to be checked. I don't believe one can choose a "Found it" or "Did not find it" for notes, and in all my logs today, I chose those and made my log entries as usual. Also when I look on line, my supposed "notes" entered on the phone should appear on the website under notes for the relevant caches, but they don't (at least not on my end). Ohters have reported this same problem today in the iPhone forum.

When I check my "sent log" on the phone it shows nothing since February 19th and I've put in many reports on both the phone and the website since then so I'm not sure about that function.

Again I do so appreciate your checking on this and I hope a fix (either my clearly identifying my screw-up) or a bug is found soon. I don't want to reposet them yet using the website in hope they eventually show up. I'll keep checking for the next day or too and see if more is learned and reported by others.

Edited by jpadc

Yes, you can choose "Found it" or "Didn't find it" for field notes (as well as most other log types). Field notes don't appear as notes on the cache page; rather, they are listed here. You must visit this page and compose a log off of them in order for them to appear on the cache page as a log.

I have so much to learn... "Field notes" are different than the Notepad. My previous response confused them (because I did not know about "field notes." I see now on the iPhone app that the "Submit" style default seems to be "Submit as Field Note" rather than the previous "Post as Log" which it must have always been before. I did not know there was a choice and always before the setting must have defaulted to "Post as Log." I guess I must have changed the default setting to "Post as Field Note" today. There have been no updates to the program so I assume this is something I must have done accidentally. I have set it back to "Post as Log" as I use the Notepad feature if I want to make myself some notes. I hope the new setting stays that way.

Again, Moun10Bike, thank you for your follow-up on this. For now we will chalk this up to a PBKAC type issue.

Edited by jpadc