Suggestion: Complete change or modification of Pocket Query

datum

It would be nice to have the ability to request a pocket query on an individual, as needed basis. With that if one were on vacation in a particular area one week and on business in another the following week they could be requested as needed. Reoccurring weekly downloads for your zip code usually aren’t needed. Changing it to an as needed basis should cut down on the overall queries. There could even be a limit for the amount of queries one could request per week to keep a reign on the system.

p.s. - This is not a complaint...just something to think about. I am very pleased with the ability to download the .prc & .loc files...nice feature!

Just create a query that you use for traveling. Leave all of the check boxes for the days of the week for which you want it delivered unchecked (so that it does not yet get generated and sent). Then, when you are going to be traveling to a new area, simply edit the query with coordinates that are central to where you will be, and change the name of the query to reflect the area it covers (an optional but helpful step). Finally, check the checkbox of the day you want it delivered. If it is today (i.e. you check "Tuesday" on a Tuesday), the report is generated on the spot and sent to you right away. You can then uncheck Tuesday and leave the query to sit ready for the next time you are traveling, when you will do it all again.

Moun10Bike's Geocaching Pages

I think some of what you are asking for is there now.

I travel too. I will modify and existing query and change the title to reflect the city I am going to. Then, when I load it in my Palm it says "St. Paul", etc. You can modify any field in the query and the next one that is generated is updated with the newly requested information. You can also change the day the query is sent to you so it gets there before your trip.

To make the query work on an as needed basis, de-select the day of the output and it will disable that query that you have created. Then you can modify it, resave it, and then activate it on the day you want the output to be emailed to you. You are limited to a total of five potential query request per week.

I hope that is what you were asking!

I support the Georgia Geocachers Association, or the GGA!